MARCH 5TH, 2014
Wednesday, 05 March 2014 14:25

FLORIDA WOMAN CALLS 911 ABOUT RAW WAFFLES: A Florida woman called 9-1-1 to report that she was served raw, uncooked waffles at a Village Inn in Tampa. The clip was posted online by the Tampa Police department to raise awareness about when appriopriate time to call the authorities. According to the authorities. 50-percent of 9-1-1 calls aren't emergencies. (UPI)

SPELLING BEE RUNS OUT OF WORDS: Missouri County's annual spelling bee ran out of words during an extended contest. Kansas City's Sophia Hoffman and Kush Sharma were the only remaining contestants through 19 rounds, but organizers had to stop the competition after running out of words in the 67th round. Bee officials decided not to pull more words from the Merriam-Webster's 11th Edition dictionary because they worried that one contestant might get an unfair advantage. The contest is slated to resume March 8 at an undetermined library site. (Yahoo)

ROB FORD RUNS INTO FIRE HYDRANT WHILE CELEBRATING GOLD: Rob Ford ran into a fire hydrant while celebrating the Canadien victory over the Sweden in Men's Hockey. Canada came away with a 3-0 Victory over Sweden to capture its second straight gold medal. (Bleacher Report)

 


PARAMEDIC DELIVER HIS OWN DAUGHTER IN PARKING LOT: A North Carolina paramedic delivered his child in a fast-food parking lot because he was unable to get his girlfriend to the hospital in time. Paul Dupree and his girlfriend Erin Castro, were on their way to Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte when the bay's head started to breach. Dupree, who said he previously assisted with delivering babies two times, pulled the car into a Jack in the Box restaurant and delivered his daughter Harper Lynn. The birth wasn't without complication as the baby had it's umblical cord around it's neck, but Duprres was able to untangle the cord and ties his shoestring "to tie the cord off." The family plans to hang on to the shoestring as a memento of the birth. (UPI)

TEEN ACCIDENTALLY SWALLOWS BLOWDART : A 15-year-old South Carolina boy swallowed a blow dart after accepting a Youtube Challenge. Shan Stillinger of Charlestown, tried a Youtube experiment that required shooting a blowdart at a tree, but the dart fell down his throat when he tilted it to shoot. It took three trips to different hospital to finally remove the dart from his windpipes. (Gawker)

 

Add comment





Facebook
Facebook
Myspace